How many other sleepy moms and dads do I have out there or just people?
I’m posting this under Mommy Monday because this is something ALL parents struggle with I am sure.
Before Emeline was born I knew I would be facing some pretty sleepless nights. Unfortunately, while my baby is sleeping ‘through’ the night I am still not getting enough sleep.
Why you might ask? Well, to be honest, too many endeavors. I have always been the type of person to dive head into many things at once. The problem with that is this, I now have a baby. Gone are the days where I can stay up at late as needed. But, I still don’t realize this and I am awake right now with waaay to much to do still at 11pm, tomorrow will hurt.
Here is how I cope with little sleep.
1. Actually get some sleep, if you can. Get organized and be sure you get to bed at the same time each night no matter what.
2. Drink enough water. Being dehydrated causes mid-day drowsiness, which you don’t need as you are already tired enough.
3. Ask for help if you need it. Everyone knows what it is like to be beside themselves with fatigue. Don’t try to be a superhuman, just get some help this time.
4. Sleep when you can, if you can. I find it difficult to nap much like my baby.
5. Coffee (watch your caffeine intake if breastfeeding)
6. Eat wholesome meals with healthy fats, proteins and complex carbs. Stay away from sweet snacks that can cause your blood sugar to quickly spike only to drop quickly afterwards.
7. Mint Tea
8. Get up and move around, walk or dance around to your favorite songs.
9. Get some fresh air! Even if you can only get two minutes it will make you feel more refreshed and awake.
10. Laugh, for real.
I really need to get to bed now. Signing off until 6am tomorrow.